By Grace Carr, DCNF
Women are dropping $295 a piece and traveling to Detroit to attend The Women’s Convention, organized by the Women’s March, a three-day event at the end of October that will focus on reproductive justice issues and fighting what it alleges is a misogynistic administration.
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders will give the opening night address at the Michigan convention, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Here are a few of the other people who will speak at the convention.
- Maxine Waters – Dem. Congressional Rep, Trump hater, and Russian election conspiracy fanatic.
- Brittany Packnett – Black Lives Matter activist and speaker.
- Stosh Cotler – CEO of Jewish immigration reform group Bend the Arc, James Comey defender, and insists Trump is a dangerous autocrat.
- Abdul El-Sayed – Dem. candidate for Michigan Governor, staunch advocate for women’s reproductive rights, and huge Barack Obama fan.
- Zahra Billoo – civil rights lawyer and vocal protestor of Trump’s travel ban.
- Ibtihaj Muhammad – an American sabre fencer, the first woman to wear a hijab while competing for the United States in the Olympics, and a proud Colin Kaepernick supporter.
- Winnie Wong – co-founder of The People For Bernie, creator of #FeelTheBern, and founding organizer of Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Sandy.
Television serious “Covert Affairs” actress, Piper Perabo, and “Sister of the Traveling Pants” actress, Amber Tamblyn also made the list.
“Reclaiming My Time,” is the convention’s theme, a tribute to Maxine Water’s statements during a hearing earlier this year.
- FDA says it does not buy fetal tissue — any more - September 18, 2021
- Superintendent resigns over COVID-19 policies, BLM presentation at the behest of parents - September 18, 2021
- Rare US Constitution copy tipped for $20M sale at auction - September 18, 2021