Proving once again that Hollywood never runs out of stupid ideas, a Star Trek remake has modeled its Klingon villains after Trump supporters.
An executive producer for the CBS All-Access drama “Star Trek: Discovery” claims patriotic Trump supporters inspired their version of the evil Klingons.
“The Klingons are going to help us really look at certain sides of ourselves and our country,” moonbat Aaron Harberts told Entertainment Weekly. “Isolationism is a big theme. Racial purity is a big theme.
Herberts added: “It raises big questions: Should we let people in? Do we want to change? … It’s been interesting to see how the times have become more of a mirror than we even thought they were going to be.”
“Star Trek: Discovery” is set 10 years before the original 1966 TV series, which starred William Shatner and the late Leonard Nimoy.
At the time, the show reflected the Cold War tensions between the United States (represented by the Federation) and the former Soviet Union (the “Klingons”).
“Star Trek: Discovery” will be released September 24 on CBS All-Access, a subscription video-on-demand service.
We can already tell it’s going to be a bomb. How? Because what new TV show starts off alienating 63 million people right off the bat? That’s just stupid marketing.
Moreover, here’s a sampling of online comments from prospective non-fans:
- Yea, cause I watch Star Trek to be lectured about left-wing politics.
- This has been doomed from the start.
- A majority of Star Trek series audiences have been men. A majority of men voted for Trump. 80% of employed men (you know, people who can buy products advertised on TV) voted for Trump.
- Communists don’t care about buying products because they think it all comes from the guvment.
- Gollywood just keeps cutting their own leftist throats, and they are wondering why their audience is shrinking and they are losing $$$!
- If us ” Trump voters” are Klingons, then the other voters must be the Tribbles ! The Tribbles served no purpose other than to eat all of the ships food and are very much like modern socialists.
- Gene Roddenberry was someone who sought solutions to racial and religious differences. He didn’t exploit it. He would be appalled.
When goaded to trash President Trump, William Shatner (the original — and best — Captain Kirk) told the Daily Beast: “I’m Canadian and I’m apolitical. I love America. I consider myself a guest here.”
Here’s the boring trailer for “Star Trek: Discovery.” Because we know you’re not going to watch the series.
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Fla Democrat confesses she made up whole story about being a doctor, treating Pulse nightclub victims - July 20, 2019
- Jewish GOP rep connects Ilhan Omar’s ‘anti-Israel’ BDS resolution to foreign terror group Hamas - July 18, 2019
- Protester gets tossed from rally, angrily flings MAGA hat off head on way out as Trump lands a humiliating jab - July 18, 2019