Eric Bolling finally spoke out, thanking fans for their support, and saying he looks forward to clearing his name.
On Monday morning, Bolling responded for the first time since the news broke.
“Overwhelmed by all the support I have received. Thank you,” he tweeted. “I look forward to clearing my name asap.”
On Sunday, Bolling’s name was removed from the Twitter account of “The Fox News Specialists,” the top-rated daily news show he hosted, as an investigation of alleged misconduct is underway.
The show’s Twitter account used to read: “Hosted by @EricBolling, @KatTimpf, and @EboniKWilliams.” Bolling was the main anchor, while Timpf and Williams were his co-hosts.
During Bolling’s suspension, a series of rotating guest hosts will substitute on “The Fox News Specialists,” which airs weekdays at 5 p.m. ET. FNC contributor Lisa Boothe will be the first substitute.
Overwhelmed by all the support I have received. Thank you
I look forward to clearing my name asap
— 🇺🇸 ERIC BOLLING 🇺🇸 (@ericbolling) August 7, 2017
The news is coming fast and furious after at least two women anonymously accused Bolling of having texted them a lewd photo of male genitalia several years ago.
On Friday, Bolling denied the allegations. On Saturday, Fox News suspended him until an investigation is completed. On Sunday, the Fox News Specialists Twitter account removed Bolling’s name.
Over the weekend, Fox media reporter Howard Kurtz briefly discussed the allegations against Eric Bolling on his show.
Kurtz said if it’s true that a “dozen unnamed sources” saw the lewd text, why has no one come forward? “None of the women described in the story as being upset have come forward,” Kurtz noted.
As BizPac Review previously reported, former Fox News contributor Michelle Fields vouched for Bolling after rumors surfaced that she was one of his accusers.
Fields, a vocal anti-Trumper, denied the chatter. “Eric Bolling was nothing but professional when I worked w/him,” she tweeted.
Meanwhile, CNN contributor Caroline Heldman, a Democratic strategist and associate professor at Occidental College, accused Bolling of harassing her several years ago.
The former Fox News guest made the allegations Saturday night in a lengthy Facebook post, just hours after Bolling was suspended. Heldman did not accuse Bolling of sending her a “d*ck photo.”
Heldman claimed Bolling harassed her because he had called her “smart” and “beautiful” a couple of times when she was a Fox News guest from 2008 to 2011.
It’s unclear why Caroline Heldman waited until six years AFTER she left Fox to raise these complaints. Keep in mind that merely complimenting a woman does not constitute sexual harassment. It’s not necessary to have a law school degree (as I do) to know this; it’s common sense.
Sexual harassment is when someone makes unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks, and usually if there’s an ongoing pattern. A one-off compliment is not harassment. Also, the alleged victim should let the alleged harasser know his remarks/advances are unwelcome.
Caroline Heldman had previously accused Bill O’Reilly of sexually harassing her, and said men and society as a whole objectify and oppress women.
Meanwhile, there are lots of questions surrounding the Eric Bolling “d*ck photo” incident:
- How many women did Bolling allegedly send the text to?
- Why did they wait for years after the alleged incident to come forward?
- Why are these accusations surfacing now, when Bolling’s star is on the rise?
- Why did the alleged victims not complain to human resources immediately after the alleged incident occurred?
- Who saves an old text of a d*ck photo for years unless they want to blackmail someone?
When reached for comment, Fox News told BizPac Review: “We are investigating this matter and all claims will be taken into account.”
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020