Robert Mueller should be shut down immediately as special counsel because his friendship with fired FBI director James Comey is a massive conflict of interest that prevents him from being objective.
That’s what a growing chorus of legal experts and Trump supporters say.
Among them is Fox News anchor Sean Hannity, who laid out a convincing case for firing Mueller as special counsel in charge of investigating alleged collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. Comey testified last week there’s no evidence of collusion.
Hannity’s warnings come amid escalating concerns that Trump won’t get a fair shake from Mueller in light of these facts:
- Mueller worked closely with Comey when Mueller was FBI director from 2001 to 2013.
- During this time, the two developed a warm friendship.
- Comey had his FBI memos leaked to the New York Times to trigger the hiring of a special counsel.
- Days after Comey was fired, Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel.
- Comey reportedly “coordinated” his Senate testimony with Mueller last week.
- Three of five Mueller staffers donated large sums to Democratic politicians.
- Comey is furious that Trump fired him.
- Mueller is in charge of investigating the guy who fired his friend.
President Trump appeared to dismiss “mass hysteria” that he’s planning to fire Mueller. While it may be prudent to fire him, the optics would be bad.
The Fake News Media has never been so wrong or so dirty. Purposely incorrect stories and phony sources to meet their agenda of hate. Sad!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 13, 2017
Sean Hannity said Mueller can’t possibly be objective when investigating Trump’s firing of James Comey. By all appearances, they seem to have a father-son type of bond.
“James Comey’s relationship with the special counsel Robert Mueller is a massive conflict of interest,” Hannity said. “That’s why it is time to shut down this political witch hunt that is really aimed at stopping the president, delegitimizing him, and hopefully in the minds of some, making sure he gets thrown out of office. It’s that serious.”
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich agreed, noting: “Republicans are delusional if they think the special counsel is going to be fair. Look who he is hiring.”
Republicans are delusional if they think the special counsel is going to be fair. Look who he is hiring.check fec reports. Time to rethink.
— Newt Gingrich (@newtgingrich) June 12, 2017
Several members of Mueller’s staff have made huge campaign contributions to Democratic politicians.
Given the vitriolic hatred Dems have for Trump, how can they possibly be objective when investigating him? An insider also told Fox News that Mueller had closely “coordinated” with Comey on his Congressional testimony last week.
“This is now beyond ridiculous, and another reason why this special counsel Mueller needs to be shut down immediately, on top of the fact that we know there’s NO collusion,” Hannity said. “You, the American people, should be outraged that your hard-earned tax dollars are funding this political witch hunt.”
Then, there’s this:
Waiting for the Liberal outrage over Russian Ambassador Kislyak meeting w Obama staffers 22 times between 2009-2016… #SessionsHearing
— PARIS (@PARISDENNARD) June 13, 2017
Um. Hate to burst your ignorant bubble… Russia interference happened under President Obama who lied about it… pic.twitter.com/MLaAtYemrn
— Feisty~Covfefe👌💋 (@HFemtard) June 9, 2017
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Trump’s GOP primary challenger hosts campaign launch rally, and it couldn’t have gone worse - October 18, 2019
- French reporter gets a witty dose of Trump when asking about U.S. unemployment - October 18, 2019
- MacCallum holds Swalwell’s feet to the fire as he struggles to defend impeachment push - October 17, 2019