Fox News host Sean Hannity has been like a pit bull to a side of beef in his reporting of events centered on last year’s murder of Democratic Party employee Seth Rich.
Evidence possibly linking the party to the DNC staffer’s murder has been snowballing recently, with the latest indicating that Rich was in contact with WikiLeaks shortly before his death.
This suggested that the information Wikileaks published damaging to the party came from Rich.
Fox News was among a host of media outlets that reported on this development in the case, but then later backed off the story and posted a retraction:
On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.
We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted.
Although the network decided to back off, Hannity didn’t, and made that clear to his radio listeners Tuesday.
“All you in the liberal media, I am not Fox.com or FoxNews.com, I retracted nothing,” Hannity said.
“For those accusing me of pushing a conspiracy theory, you are the biggest phony hypocrites in the world,” he added and then laid out the facts as he saw them.
“If in fact, take Seth out of it, there was a whistleblower within the DNC, a truth-teller that actually was the source for WikiLeaks, and not Russia working with the Trump campaign, these are questions that I have a moral obligation to ask and I will do the mainstream media’s job like I have most of my career.”
But Hannity then appeared to relent in a seven-minute-plus monologue that night on his TV program. He offered a hint of what was to come on social media earlier.
Huge announcement tonight about Seth Rich, Trump/Russian Collusion corrupt media, the liberal effort to silence me. And my future at Fox!
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) May 23, 2017
Clip via Fox News Channel
Hannity began by dismissing reports that the Rich family was unhappy with his on-air statements about the Rich murder.
“I totally and completely understand how upset and how hard this is on this family, especially over the recent coverage of Seth’s death. I’ve been communicating with them. I got a very heartfelt note. I also sent them a heartfelt note back.”
But then he said that the murder would no longer be a topic of conversation on his programs.
“Out of respect for the family’s wishes,” he stated. “For now, I am not discussing this matter at this time.”
That doesn’t mean he was finished, however. After his TV broadcast Hannity reiterated his thoughts and intentions with respect to the Rich case, and asked his followers to retweet them
Ok TO BE CLEAR, I am closer to the TRUTH than ever. Not only am I not stopping, I am working harder. Updates when available. Stay tuned!
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) May 24, 2017
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.