After losing his hosting gig at Fox News last week over sexual harassment allegations, Bill O’Reilly resurfaced on Monday with a new episode of his No Spin News podcast, a media he expects to use to reach his audience for the foreseeable future.
O'Reilly's back! Check out Bill's first No Spin News since leaving FNC – https://t.co/hiv184nXgU
— Bill O'Reilly (@BillOReilly) April 24, 2017
Of course, O’Reilly addressed the proverbial elephant in the room right off the bat:
I am sad that I’m not on television anymore. I was very surprised how it all turned out. I can’t say a lot, because there’s much stuff going on right now.
But I can tell you that I’m very confident the truth will come out, and when it does, I don’t know if you’re going to be surprised – but I think you’re going to be shaken, as I am. There’s a lot of stuff involved here.
Now, I can’t say anymore because I just don’t want to influence the flow of the information. I don’t want the media to take what I say and misconstrue it. However you, as a loyal O’Reilly listener, have a right to know, I think, down the lane what exactly happened. And we are working in that direction, okay?
The former Fox News host then went into addressing several news items in his typical droll, “no-nonsense” fashion, offering his take on recent polling that shows President Trump beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote if it were held today, the drama surrounding Ann Coulter’s cancelled appearance at Berkeley, and Trump’s upcoming tax bill, among other issues.
O’Reilly then responded to audience questions. In an answer to John, who lamented that it “was definitely ‘Old School’ to wish Fox News the best, O’Reilly had this to say:
Look, I was there for twenty years and six months. We made history, put cable news on the map and were successful all that time. No ebb and flow, just straight up graph. You know, that vehicle was fabulous for me and I said in the beginning that I’m sad, but why wouldn’t I wish them the best? They were there, we performed well for them, and that’s the fact.
To continue to grow his audience by giving people a taste of O’Reilly’s work in this format, the podcasts are available for free for this week only, but will only be available to premium members who pay $50 per year going forward.
“And then as we develop the website, we’ll have guests and things like that, and this will become longer and longer and longer, into a genuine news program,” O’Reilly told listeners.
Op-ed views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of BizPac Review.
Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE
- West Point accepts Parkland student’s application to military academy after his tragic death - February 21, 2018
- Nancy Pelosi is in middle of grandstanding at Arizona townhall when question yelled from audience grinds it to a halt - February 21, 2018
- Columbine survivor blows media’s plan to exploit naive students – here’s what happens when they grow up - February 20, 2018