CNN’s promotion of an open-border policy has reached new heights — or sunk to new depths, depending upon where you stand on the issue.
After a pro-immigration group posted an app designed to help illegals avoid Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials, CNN did the group one better — actually four better.
Under the headline, “5 Must-Have Apps for Undocumented Immigrants,” CNN/Money listed “tools [to] arm undocumented immigrants with knowledge, safety and moral support without compromising privacy.”
They were developed with an eye toward the Donald Trump administration, which promised to crack down on illegal immigrants — most especially those who have committed felonies while in the United States. CNN reported:
President Trump’s efforts to crack down on immigration have left millions of undocumented immigrants with an uncertain future in America. In response, digital entrepreneurs are using technology to help support this community.
And to make it easy, the applications are in Spanish.
1. Notifica is an application that’s still being developed, but nonetheless 7,000 are on a waiting list for its release. It allows users to give personal messages to up to 15 contacts in the event of a raid by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.
“Notifica is an app that gives people control of their own destiny,” founder Adrian Reyna said. “I want to do everything in my power to make sure that individuals aren’t afraid and they are able to live a life with dignity and respect that they deserve.”
2. Arrived is simpler but no less important to someone living here illegally. It’s essentially a news service designed to keep individuals apprised of the latest developments in immigration law .
It also informs users on deportation procedures, gives a map of sanctuary cities and immigration clinics, and teaches them English.
3. Tarjimly is another application that isn’t fully developed yet. I will be a messenger bot tied to Facebook that will connect users to 2,000 anonymous volunteer translators in real time.
“Tarjimly is extremely important given a political climate where Trump can ban immigrants and refugees,” co-founder Atif Javed said. “Technology must help us stick together in Trump’s America and eliminate the fear we have of suffering people.”
4. Cell 411 wasn’t specifically geared toward illegal immigration at its inception, but it recently introduced features aimed at that population to allow them to contact close friends or relatives when confronted by ICE.
“I’m an immigrant myself,” said founder and CEO Virgil Vaduva. “I remember when my visa expired and how terrifying it was.”
CNN reported that the number of Hispanic Cell 411 users spiked since Trump’s January 20 inauguration.
5. RedadAlertas is another app still under development, but will be released soon. It alert users of ICE raids, checkpoints or other complications occurring within a 10- to 20-mile radius. It’s being developed by former illegal immigrant Celso Micelles, who was born in Mexico.
In addition to notifying users of nearby raids, the app “will also help community organizers, journalists and activists respond to and protect immigrants,” CNN reported.
Folks on social media weren’t totally on board with the idea.
Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE
CNN now supports illegal aliens by helping them evade the law. https://t.co/vSsccjxpC5
— Liberal Logic ?? (@LiberalLogic123) April 1, 2017
@LiberalLogic123 “The media isn’t biased”
-Said any leftist ever.
— Deplorable Khaos (@KhaosRush) April 1, 2017
— Steven LaBarbera (@stebbo50) April 2, 2017
— Snoop Bailey (@vol80) April 1, 2017
— Sonlight (@JOEROWE409) April 2, 2017
One suggested five other pieces of information useful to illegals:
@LiberalLogic123 Oops #5. Rosie O’Donnell address✔
— FrankieJ (@FrankieJRMD) April 1, 2017
It’s safe to say which side of the immigration fence — legal to not — CNN stands on. The cable news giant shed its reporting role a long time ago to become an advocate for the left.
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017