The Secret Service needs to wake the hell up before they get our president killed.
That’s the dire warning of former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino, who guarded presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
Bongino sounded the alarm after a series of epic recent screw-ups that underscored that President Trump is not safe on the White House grounds.
Bongino pointed to an incident last week, where a mentally unstable man jumped the White House fence and roamed the grounds for 16 minutes before being caught. Trump was in the White House at the time.
“That just shows the president is not safe in the White House,” Bongino told Fox News Friday. “The Secret Service does not have the assets, they don’t have personnel on the ground they need to keep him safe.”
— Lou Dobbs (@LouDobbs) March 17, 2017
Bongino added: “The intruder set off multiple alarms — alarms that clearly showed someone breached the property — and he was seen by officers who didn’t think anything of it. This is a big story!”
Bongino said if the Secret Service can’t handle one unarmed man, how could they foil a terrorist attack by a team of trained operatives?
“The Secret Service cannot even keep one person off the grounds, so what will they do if 40 terrorists charge the White House?” he asked. “And believe me, the terrorists are already thinking about that.”
In response to the uproar, the Secret Service on Friday issued an unusual statement “on background” (meaning the person who released the information doesn’t want to be identified) saying the agency is “extremely disappointed and angry” over their screw-up.
Hours later, the Secret Service was forced to issue another statement confirming that a laptop containing floor plans to Trump Tower had been stolen from a Secret Service employee’s car outside her home in Brooklyn.
Secret Service issues statement on agent's laptop that was stolen in New York City. pic.twitter.com/D5vUoXxfr0
— Paul Sacca (@Paul_Sacca) March 17, 2017
On Thursday, the agency confirmed that it was also investigating two Secret Service agents who took selfies with the president’s grandson, Donald Trump III, while the 8-year-old was asleep.
In response to these inexcusable snafus, Dan Bongino urged President Trump to drain the Secret Service swamp of incompetent, disloyal Obama-era holdovers.
“The agency is broken, the management has failed,” he said. “They need to be flushed out top-down.”
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020