Despite reports to the contrary, FBI agents may have never destroyed laptops they received from key Hillary Clinton aides.
Fox News reported earlier this month that immunity deals for longtime Clinton aide Cheryl Mills and ex-campaign staffer Heather Samuelson included a side deal requiring the FBI to destroy their laptops after reviewing them, but Washington attorney Joe DiGenova said Friday agents did not do so, The Daily Caller reported.
Appearing on “The David Webb Show” on SiriusXM, DiGenova said agents involved in the investigation refused to destroy the laptops.
“According to the agreement reached with the attorneys who handed over their laptops, the laptops were to be destroyed per the agreement after the testimony was given,” DiGenova explained. “The bureau and the department agreed to that.”
“However the laptops contrary to published reports were not destroyed and the reason is the agents who are tasked with destroying them refused to do so,” he claimed. “And by the way, the laptops are at the FBI for inspection by Congress or federal courts.”
DiGenova said all Congress needs to do is ask for the devices.
“When I found out last Sunday that those laptops — by the way from somebody who is involved in the investigation by the FBI – had not been destroyed contrary to published reports, I could not believe that the Republicans had not gotten their hands on them even yet,” he said.
When FBI director James Comey revealed Friday that the bureau found new emails related to the probe of Hillary Clinton’s private server, the discovery was reportedly the result of loyal Clinton aide Huma Abedin sharing a laptop with her estranged husband, disgraced former New York Congressman Anthony Weiner.
Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE
- ‘Shut the f– up:’ Alec Baldwin flips out over questions about wife having babies 6 mos. apart - March 2, 2021
- Stymied leftists fume over $15 min wage ruled out in massive Covid bill, call on Biden to overrule - March 2, 2021
- Gov. Whitmer tightlipped over abrupt exit, alleged payout of ex-health director amid calls for probe - March 2, 2021