Caitlyn Jenner’s show about transitioning to transgender reality TV star is officially over

It seems TV-addicted Americans aren’t that interested in a reality show about a once-great Olympic gold medalist living life as a woman.

“I am Cait” has been canceled after two seasons on E!

CBS News reported the show, which focused on the “new normal” for Bruce Jenner as he became Caitlyn Jenner, would not be renewed for a third season. The show debuted in July 2015 with 2.7 million viewers, but the numbers never kept pace.

Jenner broke the news to fans on Twitter.

Jenner’s personal politics drew heat from the transgender and gay community when she came out as a conservative.

In an interview with The Advocate earlier this year, she said she understands Democrats “are better when it comes to these types of social issues,” but without a strong economy, nothing really matters.

“Number 1, if we don’t have a country, we don’t have trans issues. We need jobs. We need a vibrant economy. I want every trans person to have a job. With $19 trillion in debt and it keeps going up, we’re spending money we don’t have. Eventually, it’s going to end. And I don’t want to see that. Socialism did not build this country. Capitalism did. Free enterprise. The people built it. And they need to be given the opportunity to build it back up.”

Still, E! says Jenner will always be welcomed.

“Caitlyn and E! have mutually decided not to move forward with another season at this time. She will always remain a part of the E! family, and we look forward to continue following her journey as she appears on ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’,” E! said Tuesday in a statement.

Comments

Latest Articles