Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning blast HERE
Following a meeting with his entire campaign, GOP nominee Donald Trump announced in a statement that the campaign was parting ways with Corey Lewandowski.
“The Donald J. Trump Campaign for President, which has set a historic record in the Republican Primary having received almost 14 million votes, has today announced that Corey Lewandowski will no longer be working with the campaign,” Trump press secretary Hope Hicks told the New York Times in a statement.
“The campaign is grateful to Corey for his hard work and dedication and we wish him the best in the future,” Hicks said.
The campaign shift came following an emergency meeting that included the campaign’s entire staff, which aimed to focus on a new strategy as it gets ready for a general election, according to Bloomberg News.
Donors and supporters from Trump’s inner-circle have reportedly been, so far, dissatisfied with the campaign’s apparent lack of coordination.
Though Lewandowski is out, Keith Nahigian is in, where he is working on a surrogate strategy to coordinate messaging for the campaign.
Sign up for our morning blast HERE
Latest posts by John Binder (see all)
- Former Somali Muslim refugee defeats longtime Minnesota state representative - August 13, 2016
- Clinton Foundation donors page is now blocked: ‘This is a weird thing’ - August 13, 2016
- Trump announced his big move on the campaign trail in order to win election: ‘It’s set up, we have to do it’ - August 13, 2016