Trip to Lowe’s for garden supplies turns into personal nightmare for one ‘snake-bitten’ customer

Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning blast HERE

A customer at a North Carolina Lowe’s Home Improvement store got an unexpected trip to the hospital after a visit to the garden center.

The customer was bitten by a four-and-a-half-foot copperhead snake in a tree in the Denver store’s outdoor lawn and garden center on Monday, Fox8 TV reported.

The name and the condition of the customer were not released.

The East Lincoln Fire Department posted a photo of the serpent along with a warning to shoppers to be wary of trees in any gardening stores.

Karen Cobb, spokeswoman for Lowe’s, said the company does not know how the snake got into the garden area but a search for other snakes did not turn up anything, according to the Associated Press. An employee had called 911 after the customer was bitten, Cobb said, and a pest control company had been called in to check the site.

Sign up for our morning blast HERE

Video from Fox8.



Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Frieda Powers


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles