As horrific as the San Bernardino massacre was, it could have been even more devastating.
The three pipe bombs that were found at the San Bernardino Inland Regional Center were probably there to target police and medics responding to the carnage left by the husband-wife terrorist team at last week’s bloodbath, according to investigators.
“The intent obviously not only to kill first responders, but also to send a message to other first responders in other areas of the country that may have to respond to similar scenes,” Fox News correspondent Adam Housley told “Special Report” anchor Bret Baier.
Housley said that targeting first responders is a “hallmark” strategy often used by terrorists in the Middle East.
He added that the reason the devices didn’t go off may have been that terrorists used the wrong detonators or possibly they got wet from the nearby water sprinklers.
Fox News also reported:
A $28,500 deposit was made to Syed Farook’s bank account from WebBank.com on or about Nov.18, some two weeks before he and his wife Tashfeen Malik carried out the San Bernardino massacre, a source close to the investigation told Fox News Monday.
Investigators are exploring whether the transaction was a loan taken out by Farook, who with his wife killed 14 and wounded 21 when they opened fire at a holiday lunch. He earned $53,000 a year with the county as an environmental health inspector.
Watch the video, via Fox News.
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017