Mom claims daughter’s ‘Trump inspired’ tweet got her banned from high school cheerleading

Caley GodinoA Massachusetts teenager claimed she was kicked off of her cheer leading squad for sending an anti-illegal immigration tweet.

Revere High School senior, Caley Godino, said she got the idea for the tweet after watching Donald Trump as part of a homework assignment to watch the Republican presidential debates, according to WFXT-TV.

“When only 10 percent of Revere votes for mayor cause the other 90 percent isn’t legal,” she tweeted in reply to one of her teacher’s tweets about low voter turnout.

The school stepped in to discipline her after it received complaints from other students, WFXT-TV reported.

Revere Superintendent Dianne Kelly said that while the school district believes in freedom of speech, it doesn’t support language deemed insensitive.

In other words if you hurt a liberal’s feelings, your free speech is revoked.

“If you’re going to stand up and say something that other people will find offensive, then you need to be prepared to deal with the ramifications of that,” Kelly told WFXT-TV.

She added that Godino’s tweet was one, but not the only, reason for her removal from the team.

“I would just say that, not everything you read is a full story of what’s happening,” she said.

Godino’s mother thinks her daughter’s punishment of being banned from cheering for the rest of the season goes too far.

Now because of this incident, her mother said, the school is convening a group of students and teachers to create a diversity and acceptance based curriculum.

Watch the report below.

Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Carmine Sabia


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles