Despite the completion of Hillary Clinton’s testimony, the Benghazi investigation is far from over.
Rep. Trey Gowdy appeared on Fox News’ “On The Record” and told host Greta Van Susteren on Friday that, despite Nancy Pelosi’s threats of having all the Democrats leave the Select Committee, “we’re gonna keep marching forward no matter what.”
There are many interviews yet to take place, Gowdy said, including with Gen. Petraeus and former Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, who helped push the narrative that the attacks occurred because of an anti-Islam YouTube video.
The transcripts of all of the private interviews conducted so far in the investigation would also be released by the committee, Gowdy said.
“I went downstairs this morning and I told my folks ‘send all the transcripts to be cleared,’” he said, so there would be no identifying information that would endanger anyone.
Gowdy pointed out that Clinton is telling a story full of spin to the American people because her public testimony isn’t exactly the same as what she has said in private.
“If it’s a public audience there is one explanation. If there’s a private audience, I’m not going to discuss her email with her family,” the committee chairman said.
“How about what she told another foreign leader? She told a foreign leader it had nothing to do with a video. So there’s this dichotomy between what we tell the American people versus what we tell folks in private,” said Gowdy.
Aiming for the interviews to be done by the end of the year, Gowdy said it would be “dependent upon the White House, the Department of Defense and the State Department” being cooperative.
Watch the full interview below.
- Britney Spears shows off her rockin’ new bod, but had to spoil it with a liberal message about ‘Dreamers’ - December 24, 2017
- Border patrol forget they’re supposed to be heartless, deliver beautiful baby at the border - December 24, 2017
- After scoring tax cut victory, Trump sees ‘tremendous Democrat support’ for his next big initiative - December 24, 2017