Donald Trump is putting incoming refugees on notice.
The Republican presidential front-runner made it clear Wednesday that if he is elected president, the thousands of Syrian refugees the Obama administration plans to take in are “going back,” MSNBC reported.
According to the network, Secretary of State John Kerry announced last week the Unites States will accept 85,000 refugees next year, and another 100,000 in 2017. Though not all will be from the Middle East, they’re expected to account for the majority of that number.
“I’m putting people on notice that are coming here from Syria as part of this mass migration, that if I win, they’re going back!” Trump told several thousand supporters at a New Hampshire campaign rally.
Trump then pointed to a problem that even Pope Francis warned about: the danger of Islamic State jihadis infiltrating among the refugees.
“They could be ISIS …This could be one of the great tactical ploys of all time,” the real estate tycoon said. “A 200,000-man army maybe, or if you said 50,000 or 80,000 or 100,000, we got problems and that could be possible. I don’t know that it is, but it could be possible so they’re going back — they’re going back.”
- Restaurant’s entire staff quits en masse, leaves note on door; management disputes claims - September 17, 2021
- Three Texas tourists arrested for allegedly attacking NYC hostess who asked for vaccine ID - September 17, 2021
- 80’s bombshell Heather Locklear to make TV comeback with new look - September 17, 2021