The Florida Family Association, a group that says it is devoted to “defending American values,” has lashed out at the mainstream media.
In a statement released on its website, the group said Dr. Ben Carson was correct in saying a Muslim could not be President of the United States and the media misinforming Americans about the facts of Sharia law is an act of cowardice.
The response by the main stream media to presidential candidate Ben Carson’s statement that Muslims should not serve as president misinforms Americans and weakens public safety. Unfortunately, most of the talking heads at Fox News haven’t a clue about the truth of the issue or are afraid to take a stand.
The president’s oath of office is “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
All aspects of a Muslim’s life are governed by Sharia law. Sharia law comes from a combination of sources including the Qur’an, the Hadith (Muhammad’s statements and actions) and fatwas (Islamic leader rulings).
Sharia law advocates many practices that conflict with the rights afforded under the United States Constitution and/or violate state and federal law including:
- Perjury, Muslims are permitted and prompted to lie (taqiyya) to non-Muslims.
- Discrimination, Muslims are permitted and impelled to discriminate against non-Muslims.
- Abolition of adoption rights otherwise granted under American laws.
- Abolition of Wills, Inheritance Instruments and Last Testaments established under American laws.
- Abolition of certain interest income otherwise specified in loan, mortgage and other borrowing documents.
- Diminished rights of women in court. It takes the testimony of two women to equal one man in Sharia court.
- Polygamy, Muslim men may marry up to four wives. Muhammad married thirteen women in violation of the Qur’an which he inspired his prophets to write.
- Pedophilia, Muslim men can marry girls as young as 14. However, Muhammad took a wife named Ayesha that was nine years old.
- Muslim husbands are given the right to beat their wives as a form of discipline.
- Severe discipline toward women including isolation, discrimination, full body cover, genital mutilation and beatings.
- Savage retribution including amputating limbs and gouging out eyes for crimes like theft.
- Barbaric marital punishment toward women including rape, honor killing and public stoning.
- The killing of adulterers, homosexuals and Islamist apostates.
- Imprisonment and/or execution of blasphemers and non-believers.
- Vicious jihad against non-Muslims to establish Islam’s rule worldwide. Muslims who cannot take on physical jihad must support it with their money.
“Let me help out these genius journalists, a.k.a. Democrats, a.k.a. liberals, a.k.a. know-nothings,” snarked conservative radio host and author Mark Levin. “There’s a difference in Islam that does not apply to Judaism and Christianity and other religions. That is, sharia law is not just a governing law in your personal lives. It is a governing law. That’s why in Saudi Arabia, they set up sharia courts.” Washington Post September 22, 2015.
Rush Limbaugh said “We have Dr. Carson refusing to apologize for what I thought were highly sensible remarks in which he said he would not advocate a devout Muslim who supports Sharia law to be president. I don’t even think it requires any defense. But, of course, in 2015 America it does because the forces of political correctness simply cannot comprehend a statement like that.” Rushlimbaugh.com September 22, 2015.
Top leaders of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), the largest Islamic political organization in America, have said Islam is above the United States Constitution and are working hard to make Sharia law legal in America.
- Omar Ahmad, Chairman and founder of the Council on American Islamic Relations, told a Muslim crowd: Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.
- Mustafa Carroll, executive director of the Dallas-Fort Worth CAIR branch, told a crowd at a Muslim rally in Austin, Texas in 2013 If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land.
CAIR is working hard to make Sharia law legal in the United States.
- CAIR sent out a press announcement on April 7, 2015 applauding Iowa’s failure to pass legislation that would have banned Sharia law in their state courts.
- CAIR sent out an email alert on March 30, 2015 asking their members to send emails urging Arkansas lawmakers to oppose HB 1474 which would prohibit Arkansas courts from recognizing foreign laws including Islamic Sharia law.
- CAIR called on their supporters to urge members of the “South Carolina General Assembly to reject … House Resolution 3521 (which) seeks to “prevent a court or other enforcement authority from enforcing foreign law, including but not limited to, Sharia Law in the state. …”
- CAIR joined with other Muslim groups on March 23, 2015 to urge Jeb Bush to drop Jordan Sekulow as a PAC advisor because Sekulow supported several state legislative measures that prohibited state courts from recognizing Sharia law.
- CAIR-Ohio website states the following regarding the CAIR-Cleveland April 23, 2013 banquet: “The keynote speaker, Asifa Quraishi-Landes, Esq., from University of Wisconsin Law School spoke about her new report entitled ‘Sharia and Diversity: Why Americans Are Missing the Point.'”
- CAIR issued a press release on March 1, 2012 titled CAIR Releases Community Toolkit to Challenge ‘Anti-Sharia’ Bills. CAIR started a nationwide campaign to fight for Sharia to be legal in more than 20 states.
In addition to CAIR, the largest Muslim activist organization in the country, the Islamic Society of North American, Islamic Circle of North America, Muslim Student Association and many other Islamic organizations vigorously support legalizing Sharia law in the United States. Advocacy for legalizing Sharia law in the United States will undoubtedly place tremendous pressure on any Muslim running for the office of president.
A Muslim cannot fulfill the oath of office for President of the United States to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” if he advocates for Sharia law. Sharia law advocates many practices that conflict with the rights afforded under the United States Constitution.
To read more, visit the Florida Family Association website by clicking here.
Latest posts by Carmine Sabia (see all)
- Britney Spears shows off her rockin’ new bod, but had to spoil it with a liberal message about ‘Dreamers’ - December 24, 2017
- Border patrol forget they’re supposed to be heartless, deliver beautiful baby at the border - December 24, 2017
- After scoring tax cut victory, Trump sees ‘tremendous Democrat support’ for his next big initiative - December 24, 2017