A gruesome attack on an elderly man by two pit bulls in New York last week was so vicious that the man requested and was given last rites.
And it was none other than Fox News Channel’s favorite Roman Catholic priest — Father Jonathan Morris — who administered the sacrament and even used his own shirt as a tourniquet to help stem the bleeding.
The attack took place Friday outside Morris’ parish, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, in the Bronx. The victim was Francesco Bove, an artist who had come to see Morris about a renovation project, according to Fox 13 Now.
Bove’s son, Anthony, recounted the event to the station.
“I think I’m going to die,” the bloodied Bove, 62, told Morris.
But Morris said he would only offer the sacrament on condition that Bove would continue to fight.
Bove was in stable condition after surgery Friday to reconstruct a severed ear. He was expected to be in surgery again Monday and appears to have suffered nerve damage in his hands, his son told the station.
Watch the following video, via “Fox & Friends.”
“Fox & Friends” also tweeted a short clip of the segment.
— FOX & Friends (@foxandfriends) September 14, 2015
A neighbor recorded the attack as she called 911 for assistance.
WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. The clip contains very graphic footage of Bove’s attack.
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017