Ted Cruz has had it with the revelations coming out about President Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran.
The Texas senator and presidential contender, went ballistic after The Associated Press released a provision in a secret deal between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency granting Iran the use of its own experts to inspect its nuclear facilities for possible treaty violations.
“Enough,” Cruz told TheBlaze in a statement. “Enough of the concessions, capitulations and backroom deals that make up President Obama’s catastrophic nuclear deal with the Islamic Republic of Iran.”
Cruz pointed out that the United States will be financially absorbing much of the financial burden for a madness that puts America at risk.
“The most recent revelation that Iran will be selecting its own inspectors to verify the nature of its nuclear program is made all the more egregious by the fact that as the single largest contributor to the IAEA, United States taxpayers will be paying for a farce that is a direct threat to their own security.”
Cruz said the issue comes down to national security more than politics.
“This is not a partisan issue. It is not about President Obama’s political legacy. It is about the future of our country, and that of our allies,” he told TheBlaze. “We have to stop this disastrous deal.”
The Parchin deal that Cruz referenced is a secret side agreement agreed upon by Iran and the IAEA. Top Obama administration officials previously informed frustrated members of Congress they would not be able to review the secret agreement before voting on the Iran deal.
The U.S. and the five other world powers who signed the Iran nuclear agreement were only briefed on the secret side deal, but White House officials said they were satisfied with the details provided to them.
The Iran nuclear deal is losing support among Obama’s own party members, most notably from Sens. Chuck Schumer of New York, and Robert Menendez of New Jersey.
This latest revelation will more than likely bring more Democrats to their side.
Other conservatives were appalled as well.
Fox News host Greg Gutfeld said on “The Five” Wednesday that this deal is more about the president’s legacy than it is national security.
This is one instance where maybe “The Donald” should have been the one at the negotiation table.
Latest posts by Michael Dorstewitz (see all)
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017