Murder victims begged for help on Facebook, deputies returned 4 times, knocked, but didn’t enter home


A disturbing timeline released by law enforcement officials shows that sheriff’s deputies responded to a Houston murder victim’s pleas for help by knocking on the door of the home where she was held, but did not go in.

According to an Associated Press  report on Friday, family spokesperson Jesi Greening said that Valerie Jackson sent chilling Facebook messages to her mother while being held at gunpoint by her ex-partner David Conley.

Greening said the timeline shows Harris County deputies showed up at the home while Jackson was still alive, but not entering. The AP report said officers visited the home four times before the final stand-off. Conley, 48, is facing capital murder charges in the shooting deaths of six children and two adults. Authorities said Conley handcuffed most of the eight family members and shot each of them in the head.

Jackson, 40, and her husband, Dwayne Jackson, 50, were both killed.  Also killed were Jackson’s children, 13-year-old Nathaniel, 11-year-old Honesty, 10-year-old Dwayne, 9-year-old Caleb, 7-year-old Trinity and 6-year-old Jonah.  Nathaniel was Conley’s son from his relationship with Valerie Jackson, while the Jacksons were the parents of the other five children.

According to the timeline released by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office:

At 10:23 a.m., Jackson’s mother, Barbara Yanske, got a private message on Facebook from her daughter that read “911 911 911 911.”

At 10:27 a.m., Jackson sent another message that said, “He has phone and will ring. DVD has gun.”

At 10:45 a.m., Yanske replied, “I called. What’s going on?”

According to the sheriff’s department, deputies first arrived at the home at 10:49 a.m.

According to Greening, at 11:57 a.m., Jackson sent another message to her mother saying, “Tuhey knck left.”

“It’s spelled a little bit funny, but it’s clearly, ‘They knock left,'” Greening said. “That was the last contact we had with Valerie.”

At 12:15 p.m., Jackson’s family is told by the sheriff’s department that no one responded when deputies knocked and they didn’t have probable cause to enter, Greening said.

“How it wasn’t probable cause when they are being told that someone has a gun inside, we don’t understand that,” she said.


After receiving additional 911 calls from Jackson’s family throughout the day, the family was told that deputies would enter the home at 9:15 p.m. after discovering Conley had an outstanding arrest warrant, Greening said, according to the AP report.  Deputies saw a child’s body through a window while attempting to enter as Conley fired on them.

After an almost three-hour standoff with police, Conley surrendered at 11:58 p.m., according to the timeline.

A funeral for the victims is planned for Monday in Houston, with the family to be buried in La Crosse, Wisconsin.  The Jackson family has set up a GoFundMe account for funeral-related expenses.


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Steve Berman


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles