After Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s statement on Newsmax TV on Friday that he was “probably” part of the cause of Fox News host Megyn Kelly’s vacation plans, Fox came back swinging.
Fox News said Kelly’s vacation had been planned well in advance, and any claims that she was run off the show because of her feud with Trump were “wildly irresponsible” and “downright bizarre.” Here’s a network spokesman’s statement in full:
“The conspiracy theories about Megyn Kelly’s vacation rank up there with UFOs, the moon landing and Elvis being alive. Megyn is on a pre-planned, annual summer vacation with her family, which is much deserved. To imply otherwise as Donald Trump and his campaign operatives have is not only wildly irresponsible, but downright bizarre.
Perhaps Mr. Trump thinks it’s advantageous to his poll numbers to keep talking about Megyn, but that doesn’t change the fact that Roger Ailes has fully supported her and her tough journalistic questioning since day one and is thrilled with the added exposure from the debate which resulted in even higher ratings of “The Kelly File” this week. Anyone who knows Roger is aware of how historically and consistently loyal he is to all of his talent and how he protects them at all costs.
As Gov. Terry Branstad said today, ‘when you’re a candidate, you’ve got to basically answer the questions. You can’t just attack the person asking the questions. That doesn’t work.’”
Kelly is scheduled to meet Trump again in a January Republican presidential debate.
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017