Fox News’ fiery response to Trump’s ‘bizarre’ claim about Megyn Kelly’s vacation

After Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s statement on Newsmax TV on Friday that he was “probably” part of the cause of Fox News host Megyn Kelly’s vacation plans, Fox came back swinging.

Fox News said Kelly’s vacation had been planned well in advance, and any claims that she was run off the show because of her feud with Trump were “wildly irresponsible” and “downright bizarre.” Here’s a network spokesman’s statement in full:

“The conspiracy theories about Megyn Kelly’s vacation rank up there with UFOs, the moon landing and Elvis being alive. Megyn is on a pre-planned, annual summer vacation with her family, which is much deserved. To imply otherwise as Donald Trump and his campaign operatives have is not only wildly irresponsible, but downright bizarre.

Perhaps Mr. Trump thinks it’s advantageous to his poll numbers to keep talking about Megyn, but that doesn’t change the fact that Roger Ailes has fully supported her and her tough journalistic questioning since day one and is thrilled with the added exposure from the debate which resulted in even higher ratings of “The Kelly File” this week. Anyone who knows Roger is aware of how historically and consistently loyal he is to all of his talent and how he protects them at all costs.

As Gov. Terry Branstad said today, ‘when you’re a candidate, you’ve got to basically answer the questions. You can’t just attack the person asking the questions. That doesn’t work.’”

 

Trump says he probably contributed to Megyn Kelly’s ‘abrupt’ vacation, clears up rumors about Ailes

Kelly is scheduled to meet Trump again in a January Republican presidential debate.

Comments

Latest Articles