Family members who’ve lost children at the hands of illegal immigrants are calling for censure against Democrat Rep. Luis Gutierrez, after he launched into a vengeful rage aimed at immigration expert Jessica Vaughan during testimony in front of the House Judiciary Committee.
BizPac Review reported last week that Gutierrez exploded July 23 after Vaughan used Gutierrez’s own words against him during her expert testimony condemning the dangerous policies of “sanctuary cities.”
Vaughan cited a remark made by Gutierrez during a previous Telemundo interview where he referred to the murder of Kate Steinle by a 5-time deported illegal criminal in San Francisco as a “little thing.”
Vaughan’s testimony set the Illinois congressman into a rage and his unprofessional actions prompted three mothers at the hearing to walk out in disgust.
Now, The Remembrance Project’s director, Maria Espinoza, is giving those parents a voice.
In a letter obtained by Breitbart news, Espinoza is demanding an apology to Vaughan and the families who attended the hearing. She also wants to see the congressman stripped of his membership on the House Judiciary Committee.
But Espinoza’s demands don’t end there. The full letter reads:
I write to you in regard to a recent extreme and deliberately insensitive tirade by a member of the United State Congress unleashed in a public hearing against a female expert witness testifying on behalf of American families whose loved ones have been killed by illegal aliens.
On July 23 of this year, in the House Judiciary Committee hearing on Sanctuary City policies, Luis Gutierrez of Illinois spoke these words to Ms. Jessica Vaughn, the expert witness who was invited guest and a surviving family member whose loved one was killed by an illegal alien.
Gutierrez’s public outrage, apparently provoked by a public recitation of his very own racially and politically-motivated speech trivializing the horrific death of a young woman killed by an illegal alien felon, five times deported, has caused an American outrage.
On July 16, 2015, Representative Luis Gutierrez, speaking in Spanish referred to the cold-blooded murder of Kathryn Steinle as just a “little thing.” View video. This very public display not only clearly demonstrated Gutierrez’s complete lack of compassion for this grieving American family, but also for the tens of thousands of families whose loved ones have been killed by illegal aliens.
This public servant’s extremely inappropriate and insensitive comments must be addressed swiftly and with a strong censure so as to discourage other public servants from exhibiting such vicious behavior. We demand the following immediate course of action:
1. Gutierrez be stripped of his membership on the House Judiciary Committee.
2. Gutierrez be ordered to publicly apologize to Ms. Vaughn and to all American families whose loved ones have had their lives stolen by illegal aliens.
3. Gutierrez meet with five (5) families and personally apologize for his insulting remarks at the July 23rd hearing.
4. Gutierrez serve 20 hours of community service helping Texas border ranchers repair damages done by illegal aliens and/or clean-up trash left behind by illegal aliens.
5. Gutierrez attend and speak on behalf of Americans killed by illegal aliens at the November 2015 National Day of Remembrance in Houston, TX , or at a location directed by The Remembrance Project.
We ask you to swiftly take action against this out of control public servant who is inflicting intentional heartache, emotional, psychological harm upon, not only, this female expert witness, bereaved families, but this nation’s entire citizenry. Your immediate attention is needed.
Should you have any questions, please contact me right away.
Co-founder and National Coordinator
Gutierrez’s tirade can be witnessed here:
Be sure to check out:
- Rep Steve King releases scathing rebuttal and warning on Trump’s deal with Dems: ‘The base WILL leave him’ - September 14, 2017
- Beefcake cop photos unexpectedly go viral, bring relief to hurricane victims in more ways than one - September 14, 2017
- Eight of Florida’s elderly die in sweltering hot conditions at rehab center - September 14, 2017