NASCAR ‘black flags’ Trump, pulls events from Miami resort

[sharenow]

trump_nascar

It seems NASCAR can move even faster than its drivers when it wants to.

The auto racing association has added its name to a growing list of companies backing away from Donald Trump in the wake of his controversial comments about Mexican immigrants.

USA Today reported Friday that NASCAR spokesman David Higdon had said NASCAR’s Xfinity and Camping World Truck series banquets, as well as the Sprint Cup Series’ championship weekend news conference event, would not be held at the Trump National Doral Miami resort.

“When Mexico sends its people, they aren’t sending their best,” Trump said during the kickoff of his presidential campaign last month.  “They are bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they are rapists, and some are good people, but I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

Since Trump’s remarks, Univision,  Macy’s, and Televisa have cut ties with the mogul-turned-politician.

NBCUniversal, owner of NASCAR sponsor Xfinity, announced that it is “ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump.”  Also, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis vowed to boycott the banquet if it were held at a Trump property, according to USA Today.

Lemonis sent a letter to the newspaper that he had written to NASCAR CEO Brian France on June 30:

Our company will not stand to support any person or organization that associates with such beliefs and we feel strongly about distancing ourselves from any negative and discriminatory comments made against any gender, ethnicity, age group or so forth.

I would hope that the entire NASCAR organization would agree with my sentiments.

In light of NASCAR sponsors’ positions, it’s no surprise that the racing organization, still smarting from reaction to its decision discouraging fans from displaying the Confederate battle flag, stepped back from further controversy.

“We were monitoring it closely and started looking at our own relationship with him and how it may have an impact, and ultimately made the decision it does not make sense to continue that,” Higdon said of Trump.

“We looked at everything that was said and done and we heard from a lot of our partners and friends and factored all that in.”

NASCAR has not announced a new location for the events.

DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW

Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
[sharenow]
Steve Berman

Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles