Guy sets up Go Fund Me account to keep Al Sharpton out of McKinney

Granted, the thought of race provocateur Al Sharpton coming to anyone’s hometown is enough to make people go the extra mile to prevent it, but a Texas man is seeking $1 million to accomplish the task.

And it’s not likely that Sharpton is even heading to the Lone Star State.

In the wake of hysteria in the media over an out-of-control McKinney pool party, Rich Kent is set on stopping the MSNBC host from coming to Texas. He posted a video on his Facebook page to announce his intent and set up an account on GoFundMe.com, asking for $1 million.

“Y’all messed up; you do not come after a Texan,” Kent says in the video. “This will not be Baltimore. This will not be Ferguson. Do you understand me?”

Sharpton! We are coming! You do not threaten a Texan! #RunwithRich #McKinney #Texas 06/13/15 10am. I’ll be their HUCKLEBERRY!

Posted by Rich Kent on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

 

Sharpton said earlier in the week that he was thinking about going to McKinney to demand that the officer at the center of the controversy be fired.

The officer, Cpl. Eric Casebolt, resigned on Tuesday, which seemingly eliminated Sharpton’s stated reason for going.

But Kent posted his ominous video message on Wednesday.

“We are going to go to your little hotels, your little hiding spots, everywhere I can think of,” he says in it. “And we are gonna run you out of Texas. This is not a warning — this is a promise. We will be there. You will see me. You will leave Texas.”

Going viral! Every American should hear THIS black mom’s take on McKinney

Given the Obama administration’s affinity for Sharpton, the odds of Kent’s being visited by the Justice Department have now risen considerably.

That’s a  thought Kent may have entertained himself, because he posted a follow up video that stressed he did not intend to harm anyone.

“Nowhere did I say I was going to come in and harm your savior, Al Sharpton, OK?” he said. “Never did I say that.”

Kent also denied that he was a racist.

As of Friday morning, the GoFundMe page had raised $10,175, including a purported $10,000 offline donation from an “Anonymous American.”

It’s not clear whether the page has been retooled from an earlier cause, as several donations were posted before the incident in McKinney. The page doesn’t include a “buyer beware” warning, so visitors may want to proceed with caution.

Tom Tillison

Comments

Latest Articles