The Obama administration is running a massive parallel immigration system outside the laws and limits written by Congress, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.
Since 2009, some 5 million work permits were issued to immigrants who otherwise would be prohibited from working in this country. The Center for Immigration Studies found:
- 1.7 million permits were granted to immigrants whose legal status was not known the by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- 1.2 million were foreign students and dependents of guest workers.
- 982,000 were illegal immigrants or “aliens unqualified for admission” to the United States.
- 470,000 were foreigners on tourist visas.
“Inexplicably, 1,200 new work permits were issued to aliens who were denied asylum, were suspected of using fraudulent documents, were stowaways, or were refused at a port of entry,” said Jessica Vaughn, director of policy studies at CIS.
All told, these work permits are over and above the statutory cap on new green card and temporary worker admissions from 2009-2012.
Read more from Watchdog.org
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Reid throws costly wrench at broken immigration courts - February 24, 2016
- Creating Muslim ghettos: Texas spars with Obama admin about refugees - January 11, 2016
- Feds shuttle illegal migrants around Texas - January 7, 2016
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.