The Obama administration is running a massive parallel immigration system outside the laws and limits written by Congress, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.
Since 2009, some 5 million work permits were issued to immigrants who otherwise would be prohibited from working in this country. The Center for Immigration Studies found:
- 1.7 million permits were granted to immigrants whose legal status was not known the by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- 1.2 million were foreign students and dependents of guest workers.
- 982,000 were illegal immigrants or “aliens unqualified for admission” to the United States.
- 470,000 were foreigners on tourist visas.
“Inexplicably, 1,200 new work permits were issued to aliens who were denied asylum, were suspected of using fraudulent documents, were stowaways, or were refused at a port of entry,” said Jessica Vaughn, director of policy studies at CIS.
All told, these work permits are over and above the statutory cap on new green card and temporary worker admissions from 2009-2012.
Read more from Watchdog.org
Latest posts by Kenric Ward (see all)
- Reid throws costly wrench at broken immigration courts - February 24, 2016
- Creating Muslim ghettos: Texas spars with Obama admin about refugees - January 11, 2016
- Feds shuttle illegal migrants around Texas - January 7, 2016