A Texas man with nowhere to go for Thanksgiving offered himself to be someone’s date from hell in exchange for a meal – and landed the job!
In an ad out on Craigslist Thursday, Nick Schmidt, a sous chef at Holiday Inn Nashville Airport, promised to cause a major scene of the recipient’s choosing in front of the whole family.
The unique post began with : “Alone on Thanksgiving? Mad at your dad? Read on…”
He offered suggestions like:
- Openly hit on other female guests while you act like you don’t notice
- Start discussions about politics and/or religion
- Propose to you in front of everyone
- Pretend to be really drunk as the evening goes on
- Start an actual, physical fight with a family member – either inside or on the front lawn for all the neighbors to see
The tattooed Schmidt described himself as “a 28-year-old felon with no high school degree, and a dirty old van one year younger than me painted like Eddie Van Halen’s guitar.”
“I got a real response the next day offering me to come to this girl’s Thanksgiving get-together with her roommate and friends, and then go over to her parents’ house, eat food, shoot guns, have a good time,” he told HuffPost L.ive.
“So I took her up on it and we still have the plans set.”
Schmidt will live tweet about his Thanksgiving experience at @nickyistaken.
- Bare-faced Palm Beach Co. officials party at posh Breakers after forcing masks on helpless kids - September 20, 2021
- BPR is looking for weekend freelance writers - April 8, 2021
- Gillum, Nelson teams object to tossing non US citizen voter ballot during PB County vote counting circus - November 10, 2018