Mike Rowe built his reputation on being relatable to the common man. He’s best known as the host of the Discovery Channel series “Dirty Jobs.”
Recently a “fan” questioned Rowe’s lifestyle on his Facebook page and he answered her in pictures – snapshots that showed a glimpse of his humble living.
Identified as Kucera, she wrote:
“Please tell us truthfully that you 1. Don’t live in a mansion, 2. that you’ve made and eaten Kraft Macaroni Cheese in the past year, 3. that you’ve driven around to find a parking spot so you don’t pay for parking at a sporting event and 4. You haven’t pulled a Dan Patrick and dropped celeb names you’ve met or hung with in an attempt to score with someone.”
The response was classic Rowe and began with the word “howdy.” It doesn’t get more down-to-earth than that:
1) I don’t live in a mansion. I house sat in one once, and I kinda liked it. But I’ve never owned one, and have no plans to. My current apartment is very modest, relative to the zip code. It’s the same one I’ve come home to for the last 14 years. With the exception of a small smokestack that partially obscures Treasure Island and Alcatraz, the view is the best thing about it.
2) I do. But in the interest of full disclosure, I also have some Ancient Harvest, Mac and Cheese with quinoa. (It’s important to try new things.)
3) I can’t recall the last time I went to a sporting event and didn’t take public transportation.
4) Who is Dan Patrick?
Latest posts by Michele Kirk (see all)
- Gillum, Nelson teams object to tossing non US citizen voter ballot during PB County vote counting circus - November 10, 2018
- FLASHBACK: PBC elections supervisor refuses to provide information, except to the liberal media - November 10, 2018
- Fox News stands by Laura Ingraham; co-president comes out swinging against ‘intimidation efforts’ - April 2, 2018