Former congressman Lt. Col. Allen West blasted the president Wednesday, saying “Barack Hussein Obama is an Islamist in his foreign policy perspectives and supports their cause.”
He cited six cases on his website where the Obama administration has acted contrary to the security of the United States:
- The Bowe Bergdahl swap for five Taliban terrorists
- Providing F-16s and Abrams tanks to Egypt led by the Muslim Brotherhood but not to a much friendlier Egypt led by Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
- Negotiating with rabid anti-Israel Qatar and Turkey
- Negotiating with terrorist organization Hamas
- Returning billions of sanction dollars to implacable Iran
- Inane support for Libya’s Islamists
West stridently took issue with Obama’s lifting of the ban on Libyans attending flight school in the U.S. and allowing them to study nuclear science here while Congress was out of session.
“Can anyone explain what the strategy is here in lifting the ban with a nation that is or should be on the terrorist watch list? Sorry,” he wrote, “but I can only explain this one way: Barack Hussein Obama is an Islamist in his foreign policy perspectives and supports their cause.”
“The pivot away from the Middle East seems to be nothing more than an opportunity to enable Islamists and their goals,” he wrote.
Another question on his mind was why the president refused to allow Kurdish Peshmerga members to come to America and receive flight training, so they could be given quality helicopter gunships and destroy ISIS?
Altogether, West has no doubt that the president has weakened America’s national security and deserves serious consideration for impeachment, as he initially called for in June.
- New campaign ad sees national security as a game-changer: ‘Vote as if your life depends upon it’ - September 11, 2014
- McCain pounds Jay Carney over president’s Iraqi blundering: ‘You don’t have the facts!’ - September 11, 2014
- White House denies family’s claim Sotloffwas ‘sold’ to ISIS by ‘US-friendly moderates’ - September 10, 2014