A veteran Congresswoman called on President Barack Obama to unilaterally grant amnesty to the 11 million illegal immigrants currently living in the United States, in response to a report circulating in Washington that the White House is planning major executive action.
Speaking on MSNBC’s “News Nation with Tamron Hall,” Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, decried Republican efforts to craft a comprehensive immigration bill and said, “The president is only trying to lead…I would applaud the president because all we’re doing is taking a sore, bleeding sore, and watching it bleed, continue to be infected, and sprinkling water on top of it. That’s what the Republicans are doing.”
She noted that 70 percent of the American public supports treating the illegal immigrant children entering the country humanely, which begs the question, are the other 30 percent sadists?
She also told Hall that she’s worked on comprehensive reform for more years than she cares to recount. “We’re blocked by an effort to destroy the good points or the good aspects of immigration reform and the influx of immigrants who have come to this country beginning with the Statute of Liberty, all making the country great,” she said. “The president has tried in every manner of seeking a compromise with Speaker Boehner and the Republicans.”
Lee hyped her credentials as a long-serving member of the House Homeland Security Committee and Judiciary Committee, sagaciously asking, “Are we not more safe to know who is in this country as opposed to not knowing who’s in this country?”
Click here to watch her interview via Breitbart.
Latest posts by Richard Berkow (see all)
- New campaign ad sees national security as a game-changer: ‘Vote as if your life depends upon it’ - September 11, 2014
- McCain pounds Jay Carney over president’s Iraqi blundering: ‘You don’t have the facts!’ - September 11, 2014
- White House denies family’s claim Sotloffwas ‘sold’ to ISIS by ‘US-friendly moderates’ - September 10, 2014