While attention has turned to the newly created select committee on the Benghazi investigation, a friend of one of the four killed in the consulate attack says the families have been neglected.
Navy SEAL Glen Doherty was killed on that fateful night, Sept. 11, 2012, and his friend Brandon Webb has posted a “Beghazi rant” on his Facebook page in hopes that something will be done.
Webb said that he and his friends paid Doherty’s burial expenses, as the family has not received anything from the government.
He also points to someone else he feels has culpability in the attack, which he explains on his Facebook page:
**WARNING** Benghazi rant: If politicians wanted to truly get to the bottom of Benghazi they would stop political grandstanding on both sides of the party lines and they’d do two things straight away.
1. Take care of the families involved. I can’t speak for the other three Americans but my friend Glen Doherty’s family/estate hasn’t received a death benefit or an insurance payment through his DBA policy with the CIA. His friends and I paid to put him in the ground out of our own pockets.
2. They would start to demand that Patrick Kennedy (yes he’s a “Kennedy”), the DOS Undersecretary of management, be held accountable at State. His leadership resulted in denied security requests, and he purposely slowed down the follow on investigation at State. He left his people and Stevens in perilous danger, and his neglect, and lack of leadership (Lions led by Lambs at DOS) contributed to four dead Americans.
And I don’t care about some goddamn sound byte on Fox news by some American Congressman that’s never held a real job, and isn’t affected by the same rules as the rest of us but figured out how to use Benghazi for his own political benefit. I certainly don’t care about some political “investigation” to get to the bottom of things until 1 and 2 are addressed.
I care about taking care of Americans and holding people accountable for their actions.
Out here. –BW
Doherty’s family has created the Glen Doherty Memorial Foundation to honor his life, raise funds for special operations soldiers and to attempt to keep Benghazi from being forgotten.
H/T: Weasel Zippers
Latest posts by Cheryl Carpenter Klimek (see all)
- Florida Five: DWS draws serious primary opponent, Legislators haul in $28.5 mil. pre-session - January 18, 2016
- Florida Five: Trump’s ‘Freedom Kids’ take Internet by storm, Miami seeks help with Cuban migrants - January 15, 2016
- Florida Five: Trump rallies ‘noisy as hell majority’ in Fla., Senate passes historic water bill - January 14, 2016