The latest United Nations climate change report appears aimed at sending us all back to the Stone Age — and President Obama doesn’t seem to care, as long as the costs are kept secret.
An Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report, expected to be officially released Monday in Berlin, recommends the world give up meat, fossil fuels and economic growth,
according to Breitbart News London. Sounds like we all revert to becoming hunters-gatherers again.
Sounds like we should all go back to being hunters-gatherers again.
The report’s recommendations include, according to Breitbart:
- More taxpayer subsidies for expensive, inefficient renewable energy.
- More nuclear power (with shale gas used as a transitional fuel to replace coal).
- The abandonment of fossil fuels.
- Less meat consumption.
- A single, globally-regulated price for carbon dioxide.
- More local-government-enforced walking, cycling and public transportation.
- More back-door wealth redistribution from the West to the developing world in the name of “sustainability”
- All at a cost to the global economy of up to 3.7 percent of GDP by 2030, provided we act now.
“There is a clear message from science: to avoid dangerous interference with the climate system, we need to move away from business as usual,” said Germany’s Otmar Edenhofer, one of the report’s co-chairmen.
The report’s draconian recommendations are rooted in the dramatic rise in the world’s carbon-dioxide levels since 1750, which, of course, marked the beginning of the industrial revolution. About half of the jump in levels came in the past 40 years.
“The report is written in extreme language — of course, it is, because that is what the IPCC does,” said Benny Peiser of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, an independent, London-based think tank.
The problem, though, is that the report is at odds with a previous report by the same body, which noted a pause in global warming since 1997 that couldn’t be explained by computer models. Translation? The models must be wrong. Yet the global warming Chicken Littles continue to cling to the data like a life ring.
Before the latest report is formally released, the Obama administration requested some changes. The revisions had nothing to do with oil, coal, meat consumption, economic growth or the surrender of America’s national sovereignty. The administration merely wanted the costs downplayed.
“The discussion of the economic costs of mitigation is too narrow and does not incorporate co-benefits of action,” U.S. officials wrote the U.N., according to another Breitbart London report.
In other words, the Obama administration can read surveys, and climate change is so far down the list of concerns that it almost doesn’t rank.
Chicago chef Graham Elliot may not be a climate scientist, but he can read a thermometer. He tweeted Monday:
— GRAHAM ELLIOT (@grahamelliot) April 15, 2014
My money’s on Elliot.
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017