Advocates say it’s virtually impossible to overdose from smoking marijuana, but a report out of Britain suggests the impossible has occurred.
The Daily Mail reported on Thursday that a young mother of three died from what the coroner’s report listed as cannabis toxicity, likely the first known occurrence in Britain.
As reported at the inquest, Gemma Moss, 31, who died in October, was “killed by the level of the drug in her blood,” according to The Daily Mail.
A one-time frequent user, Moss had stopped for two years before resuming after breaking up with her boyfriend. As reported, she began smoking half a joint at night to help her sleep.
Coroner Sheriff Payne said: “The post mortem could find no natural cause for her death with the balance of probability that it is more likely than not that she died from the effects of cannabis.”
Her death is sure to be met with a lot of skepticism in the United States, where Colorado and Washington state have already legalized recreational marijuana for adults over 21 and momentum builds for other states to follow suit.
In September, a month prior to Moss’s death, The Huffington Post reported “not a single person has ever died from a weed overdose,” saying a person “would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in a joint in order to be at risk of dying.”
Under the dubious headline, “Here Are All The People Who Have Died From A Marijuana Overdose,” the following .gif was included in the article:
H/T Independent Journal Review
- Charles Barkley shreds ‘jacka**es’ of cancel culture: Can’t even talk about big ol’ women down in San Antonio! - June 15, 2021
- Black shooting suspect tells cops he targeted ‘military-looking’ white men who had taken from him all his life - June 15, 2021
- NY Times shares doozy of an excuse on why WH looks to avoid joint presser with Putin - June 15, 2021