Amid the universal celebration of the legalized sale of recreational marijuana in Colorado this week, a two-year-old there has tested positive for pot.
Even as the media regales us with reports that pot shops in the state say they made over $1 million in sales on the first day it was legal to sell — a day some are calling “Green Wednesday” — critics were concerned about the effect easier access to the drug would have.
But few could have predicted that a toddler would end up in the hospital, where doctors said she tested positive for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, as reported by the local CBS affiliate.
The girls mother, Aida Hernandez, told CBS4 that her daughter ate part of a cookie she found on the ground outside of their apartment, according to the report.
Hernandez said she took the cookie away from her but about a half hour later noticed that the child was acting strange.
“She was asleep, she was opening and closing her eyes and she couldn’t walk really well,” she said. “She was weak.”
Longmont Police Commander Jeff Satur said the mother does not use drugs, the Times-Call reported.
Police searched the area and the family’s home, but failed to turn up anything.
“At this point we are believing the family,” Satur said.
- ‘Shut the f– up:’ Alec Baldwin flips out over questions about wife having babies 6 mos. apart - March 2, 2021
- Stymied leftists fume over $15 min wage ruled out in massive Covid bill, call on Biden to overrule - March 2, 2021
- Gov. Whitmer tightlipped over abrupt exit, alleged payout of ex-health director amid calls for probe - March 2, 2021