The Heritage Foundation has put together a list of the top 10 examples of wasteful government spending in 2013 that will leave you flabbergasted.
Ranging from outhouses to luxury hotels, this hall of shame list even includes an honorable mention of the 2013 Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens, who were paid $130,000 in taxpayer money to plug Obamacare.
Designed to serve as a reminder of the excessive spending in Washington, D.C., one look at this list and it’s easy to see why we are saddled with a $17 trillion dollar national debt.
10. Outhouse in Alaska: $98,670.
9. A bus stop with heated pavement for DC area: $1 million.
8. Grant for a pole dancing performance: $10,000.
7. Pizza — from a printer: $124,995.
6. Study to find out if couples are happier when the woman calms down after argument: $335,525.
5. Booze and crystal for the State Department: $5.4 million.
4. Monitoring depression on Twitter: $82,000.
3. Seven-figure stack of rocks at the London Embassy: $1 million.
2. Artwork for Veterans Affairs offices: $562,000.
1. Government employee trip to luxury hotel in the Caribbean: priceless.
- Graphic letter from Jan. 6 detainee being held in solitary details ‘nightmare’ of his life behind bars - September 24, 2021
- A crime? Blowback from report Hunter Biden sought $2M fee to help unfreeze Libyan assets when dad was VP - September 24, 2021
- Tucker questions IDs of ‘trained’ squad in black from Jan 6 hidden footage; implies inside job - September 24, 2021