If you are inclined to spend your Sunday catching up on politics, USA Today provides an overview of the lawmakers and topics that are scheduled on the hottest political talk shows.
Today’s lineups include:
• Fox News Sunday: Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., and Corker, R-Tenn., explain their parties’ positions on filibusters. Cardin and Corker, members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, will also discuss Iran negotiations. Corker has backed more sanctions on Iran if negotiations fail. There is also a discussion of political divisions with Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee.
• CNN’s State of the Union: Members of the House and Senate are featured. Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., and Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., are leaders of the House Foreign Affairs Committee; they’ll discuss Iran and Afghanistan. Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., will weigh in on the filibuster dispute.
• CBS’ Face the Nation: House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, R- Calif., and House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md., talk about the Obama health care law, the budget, and politics on Capitol Hill. The program also features a segment on the John F. Kennedy assassination with an interview of Clint Hill, the Secret Service agent who jumped on the trunk of the presidential limo when the shots rang out 50 years ago in Dallas.
• ABC’s This Week: Kaine, D-Va., a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., vice chair of the the Senate Intelligence Committee, are asked about the filibuster changes and the Iran talks. Also an interview with Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook.
NBC’s Meet the Press — is postponed because of coverage of Formula 1 racing.
The lineup may be modified as needed. You can read USA Today for more detailed commentary.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Kamala Harris: ‘Listen, women are getting pregnant every day in America, and this is a real issue’ - July 25, 2022
- How a small border town is dealing with huge consequences of Biden’s border policies - June 25, 2022
- Biden admin expands ‘critical habitats’ for endangered species to include lands they no longer live in - June 25, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.