The ingenuity of the American people in the face of a crisis is renowned, as is a great sense of humor summoned to deal with such events. It’s when these traits come together that we’re often in for a real treat.
On that note, following on the heels of the news last week that the once vibrant city of Detroit is filing for bankruptcy, an innovative soul put the Motor City up for sale over the weekend on e-Bay.
The opening bid for Detroit is $7.50, with the “seller notes” cautioning: “Highly damaged, missing residents and defective infrastructure.”
The sales pitch offered to persuade a reluctant buyer:
This is your chance to own a piece of America!
Known for producing some of America’s finest automobiles like the Chevy Vega and Ford Pinto, Detroit was once home to a bustling industrial and manufacturing economy.
All it needs now is a little TLC (and approximately 3 trillion dollars). In addition to owning a little slice of Michigan, your purchase of Detroit gets you:
- An honorary Detroit Pistons championship ring from 2004
- That cool Chrysler commercial with Eminem
- A statue of Robocop that might get built
- The 1,297th ranked educational system in America
- Justin Verlander
- Unlimited use of the phrase, “Detroit Muscle”
- The complete catalog of Motown Records albums including Diane Ross, Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye. You know, ‘baby makin’ music
Buy within five days of this listing and get Flint, Michigan for FREE! A bonus worth more than $75!
Bid with confidence, folks. This one won’t last long.
- Civil rights veteran likens giving 1619 founder a free speech award to firefighters honoring arsonists - October 15, 2021
- Man wearing mask walks right into a Va. school, allegedly sexually assaults a female student - October 15, 2021
- Tucker: America’s on a path towards a ‘profound political reset’ and it’s bad news for Democrats - October 15, 2021