The ingenuity of the American people in the face of a crisis is renowned, as is a great sense of humor summoned to deal with such events. It’s when these traits come together that we’re often in for a real treat.
On that note, following on the heels of the news last week that the once vibrant city of Detroit is filing for bankruptcy, an innovative soul put the Motor City up for sale over the weekend on e-Bay.
The opening bid for Detroit is $7.50, with the “seller notes” cautioning: “Highly damaged, missing residents and defective infrastructure.”
The sales pitch offered to persuade a reluctant buyer:
This is your chance to own a piece of America!
Known for producing some of America’s finest automobiles like the Chevy Vega and Ford Pinto, Detroit was once home to a bustling industrial and manufacturing economy.
All it needs now is a little TLC (and approximately 3 trillion dollars). In addition to owning a little slice of Michigan, your purchase of Detroit gets you:
- An honorary Detroit Pistons championship ring from 2004
- That cool Chrysler commercial with Eminem
- A statue of Robocop that might get built
- The 1,297th ranked educational system in America
- Justin Verlander
- Unlimited use of the phrase, “Detroit Muscle”
- The complete catalog of Motown Records albums including Diane Ross, Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye. You know, ‘baby makin’ music
Buy within five days of this listing and get Flint, Michigan for FREE! A bonus worth more than $75!
Bid with confidence, folks. This one won’t last long.
- ‘I fought very hard for them’: Trump ‘very disappointed’ with SCOTUS Justices Kavanaugh, Coney Barrett - June 22, 2021
- ‘Typical!’ Fox News segment on Pride parade crash goes off rails when Dem strategist makes it all about Trump - June 22, 2021
- Second reporter goes rogue, announces on live TV they will be blowing the whistle on network ‘discrimination’ - June 22, 2021