Opinion

DOJ orders hold on Zimmerman’s gun

zimmerman gun
Photo Credit: HLN

The Department of Justice has placed a hold on all the evidence in the George Zimmerman trial, which means the neighborhood watch captain won’t be getting his gun back just yet.

The Sanford Police Department said they checked with the local FBI office before returning the evidence to its owners, and the FBI instructed them not to release anything at this time, WESH-TV Orlando reported Thursday.

Earlier this week, Attorney General Eric Holder reopened the federal investigation into whether Zimmerman violated Trayvon Martin’s civil rights.

The Sanford Police Department will keep the evidence until the DOJ lifts its hold.

There was no word if Zimmerman even wants the gun back, but “defense attorney Mark O’Mara said he thinks it would be best for the gun to be destroyed,” the station said.

More from WESH-TV News here.

[poll id=”73″]

Powered by Topple

Comments

Latest Articles