Eric Holder’s Justice Department plans to re-open its investigation into George Zimmerman’s killing of black teenager Trayvon Martin as a federal “hate crime,” according to The New York Times.
Of course it will.
It will, even though investigators for the FBI (that’s part of Holder’s Justice Department) concluded in June 2012, that there was no evidence to support Zimmerman acted out of racial hatred, according to an article at the time in the Christian Science Monitor.
More importantly, prosecutors themselves conceded as much. In his closing argument to the jury, prosecutor John Guy made it crystal clear: “This case is not about race, it’s about right and wrong, it’s that simple,”
But the Justice Department is reopening a “hate crime” investigation.
Because it has to be about race. The president of the United States says so – and his echo chamber in the media, led by The New York Times agrees.
“Certainly it is about race — ask any black man, up to and including President Obama, and he will tell you at least a few stories that sound eerily like what happened that rainy winter night in Sanford, Fla.,” The Times wrote in an editorial Monday.
(In the same editorial, The Times incorrectly says jurors were asked to consider the case “in light of” Florida’s Stand Your Ground law. They weren’t and The Times knows it, as its own news analysis makes clear.)
The truth of “what happened on that rainy winter night in Sanford, Fla.” has already been determined by the jury entrusted to do so.
But that truth doesn’t fit the liberal, race-baiting narrative of a president, his attorney general and his media Fifth Columnists choose to present to the country, so the investigative powers of the federal government have to be brought into play to force the country back onto their preferred warped course.
The Times story itself stresses how difficult a hate crime would be to prove, quoting a statement Holder made in April of last year. “We have to prove the highest standard in the law,” he said at a news conference. “Something that was reckless, that was negligent, does not meet that standard. We have to show that there was specific intent to do the crime with the requisite state of mind.”
But that difficulty isn’t not enough to stop a new federal investigation of a man acquitted by a jury of his peers.
It’s not enough to prevent a new waste of time and money and a new way to foment racial hatred for a president’s party that needs it to stay in power, regardless of what the facts, previous investigations and even prosecutors themselves have already said.
The “state of mind” that’s the problem here isn’t George Zimmerman’s.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Pelosi goes off the deep end when asked if a baby is human; ‘might be the dumbest response in history’ - October 1, 2015
- GOP congressman, whose mom died of breast cancer, explodes: ‘I’m tired of getting lectures from Democrats!’ - October 1, 2015
- Undercover sting catches Hillary worker breaking law: Hispanic voter sign-up using ‘Trump’s ‘bi**hface’ - October 1, 2015
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.