As the country remains focused on both the IRS targeting of groups because of their political beliefs and the monitoring of reporters by the Justice Department, the attack on Benghazi lingers in the American conscience.
Amid the swirling controversy, U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), chairman of the Oversight Committee, continues to push for answers to what happened the night of the attack on the U.S. consulate that resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
Answers that are not forthcoming from the “most transparent administration ever.”
A trend that shows few signs of relenting, as spokesperson Jen Psaki said the State Department may not comply with a subpoena issued by Issa, according to Independent Journal Review.
In responding to a reporter’s question on Wednesday, Psake said “we are taking stock of this recent subpoena and determining the next appropriate steps.”
“You haven’t yet decided whether or not the State Department will be providing the documents that are in the subpoena?” a reporter followed up. “That’s correct,” she responded.
As political analyst Charles Krauthammer stated previously, of all the scandals that have rocked President Obama’s second term, “the biggest scandal of all, the biggest question is what was the president doing in those eight hours” the attack in Benghazi was underway.
And the Obama administration seems to understand this.
- James Carville worried Dems’ radical agendas, 81-yr-old Speaker will hurt party at polls - April 9, 2021
- Doctors at Boston hospital call for ‘preferential care based on race,’ say Biden’s equity order makes it legal - April 9, 2021
- Confident the lapdogs will eat it up, Biden admin blames Trump for self-inflicted record border surge - April 9, 2021