After months of resistance, the White House on Wednesday released documents which had been requested as a part of the investigation into the attack on the consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012.
James Rosen, Fox News Chief Washington Correspondent, reviewed all of the 100 emails and other notes released. Rosen gave a detailed explanation of the timeline covered, including people and agencies involved in crafting the final version of the talking points.
Rosen says the emails raise a lot more questions than they answer, and White House Press Sec. Jay Carney will have to address them at the next press briefing.
Carney has said on more than one occasion that the changes made to the CIA version of the talking points were “stylistic” in nature and did not change the narrative, as noted in the video by Brett Baier. But the emails reveal that the State Department, and officials from the White House deleted entire paragraphs and completely scrubbed references to an attack and al-Quaida.
Watch James Rosen’s comprehensive explanation via Fox News here.
Read the emails released by the White House here.
- Florida Five: DWS draws serious primary opponent, Legislators haul in $28.5 mil. pre-session - January 18, 2016
- Florida Five: Trump’s ‘Freedom Kids’ take Internet by storm, Miami seeks help with Cuban migrants - January 15, 2016
- Florida Five: Trump rallies ‘noisy as hell majority’ in Fla., Senate passes historic water bill - January 14, 2016