The father of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects broke down in tears when he learned his youngest son was captured alive Friday night.
ABC News reported that its reporters spoke to Anzor Tsarnaev four times on Friday from his home in Dagestan, Russia, the last time after they notified him son, Dzhokhar, was finally caught.
Tsarnaev pleaded with his son to “tell police everything. Everything. Just be honest.” But he told reporters he doesn’t believe his sons were responsible for the terrorist attack in Boston.
Anzor, like his sons’ mother, believes the men were “set up” and wants video evidence of his sons’ involvement.
However, he said, he is unable to explain the photograph of Dzhokhar standing next to 8-year-old Martin Richard right before the blast that killed the child. “I don’t understand,” Tsarnaev said in Russian to the reporter.
Earlier on Friday, ABC reported the father’s plea to Dzhokhar:
“Give up. Give up. You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia,” the dad said.
“The father warned, however, “’If they killed him, then all hell would break loose,’” the article said.
Older son, Tamerlan, referred to by authorities as “Suspect 1” in the bombing, was killed early Friday morning in a shootout with police.