Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has made it a priority to stem the tide of babies born exposed to prescription drug addiction. Bondi says the number of babies born in Florida facing addiction “has tripled since 2007.”
A newly released video outlines Bondi’s efforts to address the issue, including the formation of the Prescription Drug Abuse and Newborn Task Force. According to Bondi, the task force has already begun implementing measures to address the problem by:
- Recommending that treatment options for pregnant women be expanded
- Pushing for addiction awareness training in medical schools
- Implementing a state awareness campaign
- Encouraging pregnant women with addictions to seek treatment so that their babies can remain in their care
“No innocent child should suffer from a problem that we all can do something about,” Bondi said.
View Bondi’s video here.
For more on this and other key issues, please visit PamBondi.com.
- Cinco De Mayo Edition – Tommy’s Garage - May 8, 2021
- Britain’s Prince Philip dead at 99 - April 9, 2021
- BPR is expanding, hiring full time/part time assistant editor - June 17, 2019