Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has made it a priority to stem the tide of babies born exposed to prescription drug addiction. Bondi says the number of babies born in Florida facing addiction “has tripled since 2007.”
A newly released video outlines Bondi’s efforts to address the issue, including the formation of the Prescription Drug Abuse and Newborn Task Force. According to Bondi, the task force has already begun implementing measures to address the problem by:
- Recommending that treatment options for pregnant women be expanded
- Pushing for addiction awareness training in medical schools
- Implementing a state awareness campaign
- Encouraging pregnant women with addictions to seek treatment so that their babies can remain in their care
“No innocent child should suffer from a problem that we all can do something about,” Bondi said.
View Bondi’s video here.
For more on this and other key issues, please visit PamBondi.com.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Kamala Harris: ‘Listen, women are getting pregnant every day in America, and this is a real issue’ - July 25, 2022
- How a small border town is dealing with huge consequences of Biden’s border policies - June 25, 2022
- Biden admin expands ‘critical habitats’ for endangered species to include lands they no longer live in - June 25, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.