Ted Cruz shames Rahm Emanuel, sends letters to banks calling him a bully

Texas flag gunA U.S. senator sent a message Tuesday to two major banks, just to let them know that if they were feeling the heat up in the Windy City, they should mosey on down to the Lone Star State, where the right to bear arms is still respected.

Freshman Sen. Ted Cruz’s letter came after Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel sent a strongly-worded letter last week to the CEOs of Bank of America and TD Bank Group, urging them to cut their lines of credit to Smith & Wesson and Srurm, Ruger & Co. Both gun manufacturers make assault rifles based on the AT-15 platform as a part of their lines.

Recognizing an opportunity when he sees it, Cruz, a Republican from Texas, sent his own letter to the banks, the gunmakers and the Chicago mayor.

“In light of the reception you have received in the Windy City, please know that Texas would certainly welcome more of your business and the jobs you create,” Cruz wrote in the Jan. 29 letter, according to Fox News. “Texans value jobs and value freedom, and over 1,000 people a day are moving to Texas (often from cities like Chicago), because Texas is where the jobs are.”

Speaking directly to the gun makers, Cruz wrote that “should Emanuel’s bullying campaign prove successful, I am confident that there are numerous financial institutions in Texas that would be eager to earn your business.”

Cruz then spoke up on behalf of private businesses like gun makers and banks.

“We do not accept the notion that government officials should behave as bullies, trying to harass or pressure private companies into enlisting in a political lobbying campaign,” he said. “And we subscribe to the notion, quaint in some quarters, that private companies don’t work for elected officials; elected officials work for private citizens.”

Cruz also reminded Emanuel that his city had recently had to fork over $1 million in legal fees for unsuccessfully defending its handgun ban, and that the city’s strict gun laws have “produced some of the very highest crime and murder rates in the Nation.”

“Your continued anti-gun crusade may well cause some to wonder if the interests of the citizens of Chicago are being sacrificed in pursuit of a partisan agenda,” Cruz wrote.

Fox News said its calls to Emanuel requesting comment have not been returned.

Read more at Fox News.

Today’s featured posts:
Justice Scalia: The Constitution is ‘dead, dead, dead!’

FL Attorney General arrests two executives for $2.75 million in Medicaid fraud

Quadriplegic Iraqi war veteran receives double-arm transplant


6 thoughts on “Ted Cruz shames Rahm Emanuel, sends letters to banks calling him a bully

  1. Daniel R. Boudreau says:

    That's all about CHICAGO POLITICS All the politicians are bullies. If they don't get their way, then screw the people that don't agree with them. It's been that way since AL CAPONE days. Corruption at it's best. That's the way Chicago runs it's town. That's also the way Illinois runs it's State.

  2. torepedo says:

    Good old Texas. Big city liberal thinking always on the opposite side of common sense.

    1. da says:

      Democrat Liberals are mostly blacks who are always oposite of white because blacks represent 12% of the U.S. population as compared to the other 88% who understand thru being educated and not a high school dropout.

  3. da says:

    LOL most white women who hoho's voted for Obama are divorsed collecting entitlements because there too lazy to get a job…..and can't find a sugardaddy…………….

  4. Taddle says:

    Wasn't Texas planning on secceeding. If they did the teen pregnancy rates and the infant mortality rate would drop. Texas is also the most obese and least educated states in the nation. They also have one of the lowest per capita incomes. Texas would make a wonderful 3rd world county. By the way Mr. Super Pro-Israel Texas is still a major bed of anti-semetism.

  5. Ted says:

    I don't think that the Chicago mayor will lose any sleep over Mr Cruz. Chicago has big city problems and the gun deaths are being done by criminals. Criminals do not follow guns laws, or any others. That's why they are criminals. Has nada to do with gun control. As for moving to Texas. Texas is one of the highest receivers of federal funds. Texas receives much more in federal funds than it sends to Washington. Maybe they could use a few extra bucks to help get the Lone Star State off the dole. As for Mr Cruz, his political offerings on this or any other subject is in a still learning phase. Or, it seems so. Recently, he criticized the nomination of Chuck Hagel as the Secretary of Defense, citing lack of correct experience and attitude towards Israel. This from a "Chicken Hawk", who like many others who are hawks when it comes to having the US go to war for this or that reason, as long as he doesn't have to go. Just saying.

Comments are closed.

Related Posts