As a result of Vice President Joe Biden’s task force to explore changes to gun laws, the Center for American Progress, an influential liberal think-tank funded by George Soros, has released 13 recommendations to “prevent gun violence in our nation.”
Neera Tanden, president of the Center for American Progress, told Fox News Sunday that her group will “absolutely” mount a full-scale campaign to push for more gun control.
The proposal targets three key areas:
- Better background checks
- Taking military-grade weapons off the streets and out of criminals’ hands
- Better data, better coordination, and better enforcement
The recommended actions were presented to the White House on Friday. Biden is expected to issue his recommendations on Tuesday.
Biden is quoted to have said, “The President is going to act, there are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet.”
Apparently with that in mind, the Center for American Progress issue brief breaks down their recommendations into “legislative proposals” and “executive action,” indicating areas where the president may act without congressional approval.
Here is the brief’s 13 point outline:
Better background checks
- A background check for every gun sale
- Input all necessary records into the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System
- Prevent convicted stalkers from acquiring guns
- Close the “terror gap”
- Penalize states that fail to provide records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System
- Ensure that federal agencies provide required records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System
- Perform background checks on employees of federally licensed dealers during the course of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives audit inspections
Take military-grade weapons off the streets and out of criminals’ hands
- Reregulate assault weapons
- Ban high-capacity gun magazines
- Require broader reporting of multiple sales of assault rifles
Better data, better coordination, and better enforcement
- Strip riders from the administration’s fiscal year 2014 budget and all future budgets that restrict gun data collection and sharing
- Treat gun trafficking as a serious crime
- Begin the process of the FBI absorbing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
Read the entire issue brief here.
RELATED ARTICLES HERE:
We know first-hand that censorship against conservative news is real. Please share stories and encourage your friends to sign up for our daily email blast so they are not getting shut out of seeing conservative news.
Latest posts by Cheryl Carpenter Klimek (see all)
- Florida Five: DWS draws serious primary opponent, Legislators haul in $28.5 mil. pre-session - January 18, 2016
- Florida Five: Trump’s ‘Freedom Kids’ take Internet by storm, Miami seeks help with Cuban migrants - January 15, 2016
- Florida Five: Trump rallies ‘noisy as hell majority’ in Fla., Senate passes historic water bill - January 14, 2016