Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff, R-Ft. Lauderdale, will receive the 2012 Florida Legislative Bicycle Champion Award from Florida Walks and Bikes. The award will be given in honor of Bogdanoff’s longstanding efforts on behalf of Florida bicyclists and pedestrians. The award presentation will be held at 3:30 p.m., Friday, October 5, 2012, at 883 E. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL, 33432.
Sen. Bogdanoff included four bicycle-related items in HB 1223, which passed the Legislature on March 9, 2012 and which will become effective on January 1, 2013. These items were:
1) An amendment to F.S. 316.2065(5) which allows bicyclists to leave the bike lane to avoid potential conflicts.
2) An amendment to F.S. 316.2065(8) to allow cyclists, who have been cited for failure to use lights at night, to avoid paying a fine by showing proof that they have installed lights.
3) An amendment to F.S. 316.2397 to allow cyclists to use flashing lights at night. Flashing lights are widely used but are illegal under current law.
4) An amendment to F.S. 316.2065(3)(d) to require that all bicycle helmets in use after January 1, 2016 be approved by the federal Code of Federal Regulations, rules which are developed by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Florida Walks and Bikes is a statewide organization that recognizes Florida’s abysmal safety record in bicycle and pedestrian safety while also recognizing the great potential for biking and walking in the Sunshine State. Thus, their goal is “Taking Florida from Worst to First.”
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Kamala Harris: ‘Listen, women are getting pregnant every day in America, and this is a real issue’ - July 25, 2022
- How a small border town is dealing with huge consequences of Biden’s border policies - June 25, 2022
- Biden admin expands ‘critical habitats’ for endangered species to include lands they no longer live in - June 25, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.