The GOP fights fire with fire, or in this case, Sandra with Ann.
U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who was originally scheduled to speak at the Republican National Convention on prime time Tuesday evening, gave up his spot to Ann Romney, wife of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Could this be the GOP’s answer to the anticipated appearance of Sandra Fluke at the Democratic National Convention?
Whatever the reasoning behind the decision, one thing is certain — Ann has been the Romney campaign’s not-so-secret weapon right from the beginning of the campaign.
Rubio, a shooting star in Republican party politics, will speak Thursday night just prior to Romney’s acceptance speech. “Sen. Rubio was incredibly gracious to offer his speaking slot to Mrs. Romney, and we thank him for his kind offer,” said Matt Rhoades, Romney for President Campaign Manager. “However, he will remain the last speaker in primetime on Thursday night before Gov. Romney accepts the nomination. In many ways, Sen. Rubio represents the future of the Republican Party and we can think of no better person to introduce Gov. Romney on this important night.”
RNC CONVENTION PRIMETIME SPEAKER LINE UP:
Monday, August 27, 2012 – PRIMETIME LINE UP
• Governor Nikki Haley (SC)
• Governor Mike Huckabee
• Governor Jeb Bush
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 – PRIMETIME LINE UP
• Mrs. Ann Romney
• Mrs. Luce’ Vela Fortuno, First Lady of Puerto Rico
• Governor Chris Christie (NJ)
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 – PRIMETIME LINE UP
• Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Governor Susana Martinez (NM)
• Vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan
Thursday, August 30, 2012 – PRIMETIME LINE UP
• U.S. Senator Marco Rubio
• Governor Mitt Romney
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017