By: George Noga
Scoop: Why Obamas Weren’t Invited to the Royal Wedding
Your objective in the following 10-question quiz is to distinguish whose policy is being described – Bush/Cheney or Obama. This should be easy; shouldn’t it?
1. Torture of Prisoners: Who authorized water-boarding three terrorists under strict safety protocols while obtaining actionable intelligence that saved lives? Today all 3 are alive, healthy and receiving due process of law. (Answer: Bush/Cheney)
2. Predator Attacks: Who approved killing possible terrorists along with their wives, children and bystanders with no intelligence gathered? Brookings estimates such attacks killed 600 of which only 60 were terrorists. None is alive, healthy or received due process. (Answer: Obama)
3. Morality: Which above policy is the more moral and humane? (Answer: You decide)
4. Gitmo: Who authorized the operation of the much reviled facility at Guantanamo? (Answer: Bush/Cheney and Obama)
5. Indefinite Hold Without Trial: Who authorized holding detainees at Gitmo indefinitely without trial? (Answer: Bush/Cheney and Obama)
6. Military Tribunals: Who curtailed rights for terror suspects? Who decided on military tribunals over civilian courts? (Answer: Bush/Cheney and Obama)
7. Afghanistan: Who prosecuted the Afghan War? (Answer: Bush/Cheney and Obama)
8. National Debt: Who increased the debt $4.9 trillion? (Answer: Bush/Cheney); Who will increase the debt by $12-$13 trillion? (Answer: Obama)
9. Tax Rates: This is a trick question. Who is responsible for the Bush tax cuts? (Answer: Bush/Cheney passed the cuts and Obama extended them.)
10. New Mid East Conflict: Who committed the US to military action in a new Middle Eastern country? (Answer: Bush/Cheney in Iraq and Obama in Libya)
Extra Credit: Who did a reverse somersault with a double back-flip and triple twist to change his policies regarding numbers 2,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 above to make them the same as Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft and Yoo? (Answer: Barack Hussein Bush-Cheney Obama)
In the past week Obama authorized a Predator strike killing (maybe) a few terrorists along with women, children and innocents; 26 died. A similiar strike a month ago killed 40. Where is the state-media and liberal outrage? The hounds of hell would have been loosed if Bush-Cheney committed such atrocities.
Afghan Taunt: You Have the Watches; We Have the Time
America has been in Afghanistan ten years and longer than the Soviet Union. At the very beginning our objectives were supportable – flush out Al-Qaeda and end Taliban rule. Those objectives were swiftly accomplished. From that point onward American involvement (other than a properly planned withdrawal) no longer made sense. Nation building in Afghanistan is futile; it isn’t a nation and never will be. It is called the graveyard of empires for good reason.
The current administration prides itself on being the smartest folks in the room (see quiz above); yet, they made the wrong call in Afghanistan and for the wrong reasons. They were so invested in pillorying Bush/Cheney for Iraq, they boxed themselves in regarding Afghanistan. Now they own the war and there cannot be a happy ending. Two-thirds of Americans oppose the war; our military is overextended; we are in a no-win situation. The only sane policy is to get out and to get out now. We may have the watches but the Afghans have the time.
Why Obamas Weren’t Invited to the Royal Wedding
Folks, this is a MLLG scoop obtained from sources in the United Kingdom. Inasmuch as this email focuses on Obama, I’ll let you in on the real reasons the Obamas are not invited. Since becoming president, Obama many times has gone out of his way publicly to disrespect Great Britain. I won’t list all the untoward incidents, but they include:
1. The day he took office, Obama returned the Churchill bust given to America after 9-11 as a sign of solidarity. He did this because he hates Churchill for his actions in the 1952 Mau Mau uprising during which his grandfather was imprisoned in Kenya.
2. He snubbed PM Gordon Brown by denying him the usual joint press conference. He snubbed Brown a second time at the United Nations.
3. He gave cheesy gifts to Brown and the Queen; this was regarded as rudeness in England.
4. The Obama administration shocked the UK by taking a pro Argentine position regarding the Falkland Islands.
5. On multiple occasions Obama has allowed himself to be photographed with his shod feet on the Resolute Desk – taken as intentional disrespect and churlishness in the UK.
6. During the BP oil spill Obama publicly referred to the company as “British Petroleum” although it shed that name many years ago. BP is well liked in the UK.
As a result of all the snubs and insults, the Obamas intentionally were omitted from the guest list for the royal wedding. Even Michelle Obama is not liked for her role in returning the Churchill bust; the conservative UK media often refer to her as Lady Macbeth. Why does Obama have such animus toward our best friend and ally in the world? He still hates Great Britain for its actions during the time it ruled Kenya from 1895 to 1963. He harbors hatred based on events that transpired over 50 years ago. I wonder how he feels about America.