Now the United States is involved in a three wars: Afghanistan, Iraq and now Libya. President Obama was the staunchest critic of President Bush going into Iraq, and now President Obama has gone into Libya for even a lesser reason than that of his predecessor. The stated reason that the United States went into Libya was to stop Qaddafi’s attacks against his own citizens. Let us not forget that those same stated citizens are attempting to overthrow the Libyan government. Is the new foreign policy of the United States to encourage regime change in every Middle Eastern country?
The Japanese situation is certainly quantifiable from the standpoint of the United States. Years ago, Arnold did a considerable amount of research regarding nuclear disasters. What Arnold wanted to determine is where the danger zone for a nuclear attack was. You see, Arnold was (at the time) moving to within 200 (or so) miles of Washington DC. So, after thorough research, the highest risk zone was within the first 15 to 18 miles; and there was no real risk after 40 miles. So, within 200 miles there would be no risk (period). Japan is 5000 miles away from the American mainland, yet the media and many people are convinced that the radiation from Japan will vaporize Americans: first in California, then 3000 miles further away on the East Coast. This is RIDICULOUS!
• The DJIA should be lower, then rise to a final rise before year end.
• Gold is at or near its highs for this run, and there will be a significant high; probably no higher than $1500 or so.
• Oil is still rising, but unless Saudi Arabia is at risk of falling, oil should stay below $125. If Saudi Arabia is at risk of falling then oil could easily reach $250 a barrel.
• The dollar is consolidating, and should rise once it stops falling.
• Interest rates are holding at 4.5% for the 30 year Treasuries.
• Real estate pricing is still falling.
• The economy appears to Arnold as though we are going to soon see a revisiting to a recession.
Disclaimer: Arnold’s Ramblings Inc. and/or its writers, representatives, employees, shareholders, executives and affiliates may have a financial interest in any security recommended to readers or otherwise mentioned. Nobody associated with this website or Arnold’s Ramblings Inc. is a registered investment adviser. Everyone should review investment materials in detail and with due diligence when possible, and should consult proper counsel prior to investing. All information and advice presented by Arnold’s Ramblings Inc. is believed to be accurate and reliable when posted, but cannot be guaranteed.
Copyright 2011 Arnold’s Ramblings Inc., All Rights Reserved.
The views expressed are those of the writer and do not necessarily represent those of BIZPAC Review, its management, staff or advertisers.